Portable, Semiautomatic Wire Feeder
Activate your shipbuilding, offshore, construction or pipe welding operations with the Activ8™ portable wire feeder. Small enough to fit through ship manways and light enough to carry around the site, the Activ8™ is designed for tough welding environments with limited access. Compatible with compact 8 in. (203 mm) wire spools, the Activ8™ can be used with any DC CV or CC power source.
- Breakthrough Size and Weight – Smallest and lightest construction wire feeder on the market today.
- Simple Controls – Wire feed speed knob on the front; booted Cold Feed/Gas Purge, Trigger Interlock and CV/CC switches inside.
- Across-The-Arc Operation (Voltage Sensing) – Uses a sense lead and a contactor for enabling welding current
- Tough Plastic Case – Molded from a high impact, flame retardant material for high durability and low weight.
- MAXTRAC® Wire Drive System
- Dual gear-driven drive system ensures positive feeding performance.
- Patented wire drive features include tool-less drive roll and wire guide changes for quick spool replacement.
- A tachometer controlled motor powers the patented drive rolls for smooth, steady feeding without wire slippage.